Total Pageviews

Saturday 23 March 2013

Dharamveer Singh - Our Jaipur Tour Guide

Mr.Dharamveer Singh was our Tour Guide in the Double Decker Tourist Bus,that starts from Mewar Travels near Sindhi Camp Bus Stand.He was very helpful and patient with each of us.His phone no. is 09929027198.

To me he seemed like a young boy telling visiting folks about his native city.He was not like any of those professional tour guides but more like a person who is telling about a City and its heritage where he has lived all his life.He was simple,respectful to everybody with a pleasant honest voice.Somehow he reminded me of my far cousin Shivanshu when I first met him,though at that time I thought Shivanshu looked like the child in "Problem Child".

At most of the sights I got late in getting back to our Bus,and he would wait and call me back asking me to come soon.

At Mewar Fort I got real confused,I still don't know which way was the right way.The way I exited was different from the one we arrived.Even after retracing my steps I could not find the way I came in.So I got down the front stairs through the Garden and went outside.I phoned Dharamveer telling him I can't find our ancient Jeep we came in.And then again try searching for it.He gave me the Jeep Driver's number and I phoned and told him I am lost and he can leave without me.Later on Dharamveer phoned me and I told him I could not find the Jeep and he can go without me.And folks there guided me to a Bus that left me at Jal-Mahal.There I ate Rajasthani Kulfi which is really tasty.Then I contemplated what to do and the Kulfi guy suggested I take the City Bus to Sindhi Camp.But then I decided to wait hoping our tour bus would come that way.And I was so exalted when soon I saw my Tour Bus coming down the road.I waved it to stop,one of the sights it would take us to was "Jal-Mahal" too.Dharamveer welcomed me back and I just went up the stairs on the top floor of the double Decker bus and decided to just take a rest and refresh.



1 comment:

  1. Rajasthan is a popular tourist destination in India. without a visit to this place of immense historical and architectural importance .Four Wheel Drive India just provides a special package to visit Jaipur tourism, Jaipur tourist places, Tourist places in Jaipur in your budget.

    ReplyDelete