Total Pageviews

Thursday 18 September 2014

The Making of the African Queen: Or How I Went to Africa With Bogart, Bacall and Huston and Almost Lost My Mind

I have seen several of her interviews and heard people talk about her but if you want to know true Katharine Hepburn you have to read this book.She was not so confident or so sure of herself but as anxiety ridden as any of us.She would even talk back to herself.Reading the book I thought her psyche is so much like me and I thought I was the only one who is so worried about things.She is one of my favorite Hollywood Actress and this book is just like her personal diary,she is still an icon to emulate.

"But if I smiled or laughed,he did too. I would have thought that tears were the things which bound us together, but no -- smiles,laughter--and they warmed up immediately. We are ridiculous,aren't we - black-white-yellow?If we couldn't have some laughter we would crumble. Color be damned.We must laugh together."

No comments:

Post a Comment