Total Pageviews

Monday 23 June 2014

Dehradun is famous for - 'Khatmals' Bed Bugs


Last year in May when I was checking out of Almora's Ambassador Hotel,Manager asked me if my stay was fine and if Bed had any 'Khatmals' (Bed-Bugs).I was surprised that he asked about 'Khatmals' and said no the bed was comfortable and no Bed-Bugs.

This time around in June I went to Dehradun planning to take morning Bus to Shimla.I stayed for night in a near by Motel.It was quite spacious,staff was courteous and food of good quality.But when I lay on Bed to sleep soon I had this biting itching feeling on my back and shoulders and around neck.I complained to the Bell-Boy,he said it must be 'Khatmals' who are quite notorious this time of the year.He changed the Bed asking me to wash off any bugs clinging to my skin.I took a bath again after he was gone and went to sleep,itching feeling slowly subsiding away.

Later I had a talk with my friend Ravinder Singh Karkee,he told me Dehradun is quite notorious for 'Khatmals'.

1 comment:

  1. Hi..Dehradun is the wonderful place to visit to relax and rejuvenate oneself. Check out these budget hotels in Dehradun which are known to provide all the basic facilities with good service.

    ReplyDelete