Total Pageviews

Sunday 22 June 2014

Suicide at Naukuchiatal Lake - 5 June 2014


Food at Naukuchiatal Lake Tourist rest house was costly and hardly any choices.I was not even feeling hungry so instead of eating with other tourists from our Bus I went on a stroll along the Lake.The road that goes around the lake is shrouded by shady green trees and the water of the Lake all light green and shimmering in sun-light,makes it a cool place to be in.

A guy was selling fruits beside the canteen in the corner.I passed two young kids selling Corn cobs and a hut guy selling Pakoris (Bhajia),Bread Pakora and Tea.As I was taking a video of the Lake further down the road,I saw a man in a boat just turn over and fell in the river.Soon there was a lot of commotion,I zoomed in to the spot but could see nothing much.I could not understand what the matter was until later from the locals I came to know that a young man had came on purpose to this Lake to commit suicide.He folded his hands in a quiet prayer before jumping over to the shock and horror of the Boat-man.Even people around the nearby Hanuman Temple were sadly shaking their heads expressing their sorrow for his parents.Bad News do travel fast.

I could hear the Police Jeep siren blaring far off.This is a huge Lake and this all happened at the opposite end.Lots of men rushed past me in excitement such incident is bound to generate.They said if the guy had to kill himself he should have done it on his own and not involve the Boatman.





No comments:

Post a Comment