Total Pageviews

Wednesday 13 August 2014

Shocked by details of Robin William's suicide

In my teen years Mrs Doubtfire came and everybody was talking about it and it topped the box-office charts.Though I never liked Mork & Mindy.But he was a major influence on children of 1990s,his work in films and animation movies brought joy to millions of kids worldwide.I fail to understand how Robin became this crazy and hurt himself first with a knife cutting his wrists then hanging himself with his belt.Why he lost reason and hurt himself in a way we would not like even others to hurt us.Its inexplicable,when I read about it I could hardly hold back my tears of anguish,but now I just feel angry with him.How he let himself sunk in to such darkness,how he with his immense knowledge and experience not fight out and be a winner.After our dark phases nice times too come,as I heard in a recent trailer of a movie,we have downs only because we can bounce back up.Only thing I am thankful about now is that he didn't went hurting others,why mental sickness in US has reach such uncontrollable proportions is a major question to answer.


http://blogs.indiewire.com/animationscoop/robin-williams-animated-legacy-20140812Genie (in Disney's 1992 Aladdin) was a tour-de-force vocal performance by Williams (and visually by animator Eric Goldberg) but it was an important landmark in two ways. First, it was the first to break the structured script-driven vocal performance (compare it to Williams earlier recorded V.O. in Fern Gully: The Last Rainforest, also from 1992). Allowed to break free and improvise upon the written dialogue, Williams created a character that will live forever - and be forever tied to his unique genius.


No comments:

Post a Comment