Total Pageviews

Friday 9 September 2011

Heavy Downpour and Phantom Jams yesterday in Lucknow

Yesterday I was in office when heavy downpour started at 4 o' clock.It continued till 5.When I started for home I thought of gooing through Sadar flyover as water always accumulates under KKC bridge after such heavy rain.But to my dismay the sadar fly-over was jam-packed with vehicles not even showing any signs of buzzing from their place.

Then I went towards the KKC thinking may be I can make my way through all that mixture of rain and sewer water.But again I was in for a shocker that road was completely blocked filled with numerous vehicles till the KKC college itself.

I returned towards Pratibha Square which really going in reverse and is far off.Then I went to this M.G. Road and while I was at the traffic stop at the cross-section near Loreto Convent the traffic police directed traffic towards this Railway crossing near Awas Vikas offices.Else I generally go through this railway overbridge which also lead towards Sultanpur road.Well again to my horror the railway crossin gate were closed and their was heavy congestion on the road.And had to wait for Ages for trains to Pass.Even when the gates opened traffic didn't seem to move,Somehow it crawled like an Ant.Then the gates started to close again and every body hurried to cross over luckily I got on the other side.But through out the roads of Cantonment every where their was blockage.Near this St Paul Church a big tree has Fallen which again caused the traffic to move at a snail's pace.Finally I was out of Jams and reached home.

Though among all this did spotted our family friend Shashi Shekhar Singh at this railway cross-section.He was two classes behind me in School and lived nearby.We had a good time together really friendly chap.Haven't seen him for years.Here is a song which he liked and used to dance on.

No comments:

Post a Comment