Total Pageviews

Tuesday 19 April 2011

La' Place Flats Lucknow

From 1998 Diary

On Christmas it was suddenly very cold.The morning was frosty and fog was spread everywhere.On that day I and Hemu,my 9 year old cousin went to see a movie.Before that I showed him Atal Behari Vajpayee's house,his flat at La'Place.

For the first time he travelled in a lift.As soon as the lift started moving,he was extremely afraid and caught my hand.The feeling of weightlessness terrified him.When we reached the thirteenth floor and I  found my friend Rahul Mishra's home closed.We went out through the door towards the stairs that lead to the roof.Hemu was so afraid that he refused to go up and sat down on the stairs.on one side of stairs was the wall but on other side were only iron bars.So that you can easily look down.Hemu was so afraid that he didn't even looked down.

Then when I said "oh! look that man is looking like an ant".Then he managed a glance downward.I still coaxed him to come up on the roof but he still refused.The wind was blowing softly,it was quite cold and our cheeks seemed like ice-cream surface.On the western side of the building Trees and grass was spread densely and from that height it looked like a lush green carpet spread till the end.

After some time when Hemu's urgings grew stronger,I relented.We started to go back.Hemu refused to go down the lift and asked me to go by the stairs.I said the building is so tall that if we will go by the stairs it will take long and our legs will ache.And so we again entered the lift.

As the lift started moving and feeling of weightlessness again spread over us,Hemu again caught my hand.But when we came out and started walking away he said he liked traveling by lift very much and his fear of lifts was so removed.


Next day Chacha came and told Monu that Hemu,when on 13 th floor was feeling dazed and was having feeling of convulsions.For now he is very happy and joyful.

No comments:

Post a Comment