Total Pageviews

Saturday 16 April 2011

Going to the Movies

I quite remember going to the movies with my parents when I was little.Remember Neel Kamal starring Waheeda Rehman.Quite a spooky movie.Blue lights,doors opening by themselves at night and Waheeda sleep-walking.Going to Rajkumar's ghost sitting on a boat.Or Mehmood singing 'Khali dibba khali botal'.

My Parents could not have left me at home so they took me along.

Remember seeing Betaab .Sunny Deol and Shammi Kapoor still linger in memory.'Hum jab jawan honge' song was good too,two children running in flashback.

Saw Sohni Mahiwal too starring Poonam Dhillon and Sunny Deol.And in an evil role Gulshan Grover who poisons cows,and put blame on Sunny Deol.




3 comments:

  1. Me and my dad used to go the movies all the time when I was a kid. I remember seeing Miracle on 34th Street, Pippy Longstocking, Nightmare Before Christmas, Jumanji....The list is endless. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Star Wars
    ET
    Cannonball Run
    Raiders Of The Lost Ark

    Parents and/or brothers took me

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was growing up, we lived behind a movie theater (which has long been demolished). My dad would take me to a matinee on his rare day off from work in a Detroit factory. I loved the attention. He never took me fishing or to a ball game. But he and I shared that two hours of quiet time next to each other. The very first movie that I can recall seeing was Swiss Family Robinson (1960).

    ReplyDelete