Total Pageviews

Friday 8 April 2011

Sangam by raj kapoor is the greatest color classic of Indian cinema.film is extremely well shot.every scene is a great scene.cinematography is brilliant.music of the film is par excellence."ye mera prem patra padhke" is a such a warm sentimental romantic song.
I got two version of movie one a 3 hour one on shemaroo and another an overseas version on yashraj home videos of 3 hour 30 min .edited portion include the scene where raj kapoor learns the song "dost dost na raha" from a broken-hearted soldier.

film is shot at beautiful locales including swiss mts.

Although all songs are beautifully shot, Mera Prem Patra stands out. It was shot in Ooty valleys surrounded by beautiful fall colorful trees. If you are watching movie, just wait for last shot of the Prem Patra song. When Lata start humming and singing last mukhda of the song and long shot of Rajendra Kumar and Vyjayantimala walking holding each other behind the trees

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely right. Song of the year in 1964 and justifiably so. What a fantabulous score by SJ and sung by the Sufi saint as he was called, Mohd. Rafi.
    I am only 30 and perhaps part of a very very select few who love and hold yesteryear compositions as close to their heart as the generation above me did.

    Sir, I'd be supremely grateful if you could let me know where I could lay my hands on the longer version of the film, having only seen the shorter one. Alternatively, if I could perhaps pay you for it, would you be able to send me a soft copy by DVD/pen drive?

    Many thanks

    Sahil

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can buy it from Amazon uk.Its best site and delivery by royal mail.http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sangam-DVD-Raj-Kapoor/dp/B00004TL88

    ReplyDelete