Total Pageviews

Friday 8 April 2011


Khamoshi is the most depressing movie ,a story of complete hopelessness,if somebody is on the verge of committing suicide,just show him this movie,he will certainly jump off the cliff.
their's a special appearance by Dharmendra in Hemant Kumar's soulful romantic song "tum pukar lo"

deven verma's song "dost kahan koi tumsa" is the only lighter moment in the movie.

the movie belongs to Waheeda Rahman who brings to life the character she portrays,their's not one false note in her performance.she makes you feel the emotion,happiness ,pain and trauma of the character,she evokes all the feelings of the character inside you and you go through the same emotions as her.


Khamoshi is directed by Asit Sen not the comedian but the director of another classic Feroz Khan starer Safar.Asit Sen won best director's Filmfare award for this movie.

Original Music by
Anandji Veerji Shah (as Anandji)
Kalyanji Veerji Shah (as Kalyanji)

Cinematography by
Kamal Bose

i saw this movie in 2003 for the second time,i have seen it before with my mom and had tried hard to hide my tears,this time around i saw it alone.it was an emotionally heart wrecking experience,i cried uncontrollably and have to stop the movie in the middle.i haven't seen it since,though i watch its songs now and then.








Its my favorite film because it makes me cry when ever I see it.It fills me up with unknown sorrows and my eyes brim with tears.It makes me more humane every time I see it and I forget my own misfortunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment