Total Pageviews

Monday 18 April 2011

Things I used to do,things I remember

Well I loved playing eye spy at night.Friends would hide here and their.

Loved wandering around searching new ways.

Kept jugnus in matchbox.

Wandered around in school after classes were over eating forgotten tiffins and picking up trinkets here and their.

Use to accumulate wood for Holi bon-fire.

Playing cricket was fun too also played ball games of different kinds and sikdi too.

Went to my mom's village and roam around every where.Their were few houses and lots of trees and fields.At some places their were long sunflower fields.And so many different kinds of insects lived their.

Bathing outside on tube-wells was fun and delightful.sometimes went to little river and bathed their though never learned to swim.

Even going to milkman's house for bringing milk was fun.All type of men and women would get their and gossip about everything from household matters to festival and politics.It was very interesting to just sit their and listen.

Few paying guests too came around to live,I also looked after their kids sometime they were delightful.

Films were played at night on video-cassettes VCR generally three films,and watching them was good though I slept after watching one.

At school girls were really funny and their interaction would keep you in splits and you would laugh till your stomach aches.The nice little boys that came on our school bus were nice.In classes boys and girls would distribute sweets on their birthday.

School fetes were great teachers and students built small shops selling all kind of food stuffs and things.

2 comments:

  1. I liked playing outside with my dog. I climbed trees, made mud pies, went exploring, had countless adventures...but this was in an exceptionally small town in the early 90s when/where parents weren't so concerned their children getting nabbed. I pretty much had free reign of the whole town. I also lived at the city pool in the summertime. Dad bought me a season pass and I rode there by myself every day on my bike.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm from Long Beach California. Seems like there were 10 boys on my street alone around my age. We had bike games, like cops and robbers, whilly contest, building/jumping ramps. We would play Ghost, tag, hide and seek, ran rover, summer time water fights. Big games of tackle padless football. We would play baseball and kickball. Occasionally basketball, when we got older we would roll two courts in the middle of the street and play full court basketball. We would skateboard and rollerblade. Play Sega or Nintendo. Rarely climb trees. I started a wrestling club in my backyard when I was about 10. We would pretend to be our favorite wrestlers lol. We would even play marbles. My friend Kevin had a pool and a huge trampoline (back when they were rare.) We would spend hours in his backyard.

    I had a fun childhood. So far, my son who is 8 typically only has organized fun. Our block is dead. Only a 13 year old girl and a 5 year old boy. Some kids from the next block who are 10 occasionally come over.

    ReplyDelete