Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 August 2015

From Patan to Mandvi,Gujarat - 7 April 2015


"I feel so happy today, nice hotel after a long 12 hours journey to Mandvi and love song filmed on Parveen Babi and Amitabh Bachchan from Kaalia 'Jabse tumko dekha' coming on LCD TV "

Later took a Bus to Mandvi, after I got ticket , I saw its more than 400 Km .Little did I realized I will reach this far off sea-side town after 8 in Night. Checked in at this Hotel, ate food outside 'Punjabi Thali' ,streets were dark ,thought it unsafe to go anywhere, returned to Hotel ,seeing that Parveen Babi song and writing these notes.

Saw a big Lake while Bus was leaving Patan , surrounded by thick green-cover.

Anyway this long journey was mostly pleasant, generally through most arid and wretched landscape, dotted by some towns, green fields , little rivers and one sight mind-boggling awe inspiring. A raised plateau surrounded by dried-up sort of lake with a freight-train going over to that plateau across the dried lake on mid-air hanging rail-roads. A man was sitting outside the house on that plateau.And one side of the lake had water. Couldn't make sense of it thought it was more like a mirage. And as our Bus travelled on I saw a lot of Industries en-route. Great roads were being built, highways were really good.

Conductor of the Bus was really nice. A young boy sat next to me who was attractive in a boyish way, later he went back and a nice man with Samsung Smartphone sat next to me. He was interested by my Eveready mobile charger, and pleaded with me to let him charge his phone which had only 17% of the battery left. I let him charge his phone.

A couple sat in front of me with a nice little girl few months old, she seemed just like my newly born niece Mishthi. Later on when our bus reached Gandhi-dham few school kids came in, one bespectacled boy really spirited. Gandhi-dham seemed like a well-developed mini-city. Saw Kandla Port office too.

On reaching Mandvi hired an Auto, told the guy to take me to a good hotel. This Hotel was quite deserted, it had a busy restaurant in front, but all the Hotel rooms were empty. Hardly any visitors in April. Hotel boy Farhan ,a young kid was really nice and changed the bed-sheets which were sandy. First Bed-sheet was smaller than the bed so he had to change it again. Hotel owner's cute little daughter Khushi too followed in behind Farhan . I felt blessed when I went to sleep that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment