Total Pageviews

Wednesday 26 August 2015

May visit to my favourite Hill-station Nainital - 04/05/2015

Now I am sitting outside Kathgodam Railway Station since its just 3:30 p.m. and my train is at 6:30 . I thought to set out early from Nainital ,now I think I should have started at 4 ,since it took just an hour to reach Kathgodam.

There is just one Hotel and few guest-houses. Almost desolate road with several trees and few shops in front of the station. I remember coming here when I visited Almora with Karkee. Now I remember his good points too.

When I decided to go last week, my younger brother said he would go instead. Anyway I took this holiday as Monday was a holiday and I thought in May I would get to taste those nice fruits. But the Apricot and plums have yet to ripe. And I ate strawberries and shahtoot, Kaphal and Peach.

Yesterday I didn't went on sight-seeing trip of Nainital, since I knew it would be boring as I have recently went on such a trip with my cousin Suraj. I think the Lake tour is far better and more exciting.

Instead I visited Bhimtal. The Bus journey was again exciting, co-passengers include three friend and it was charming to hear their conversation. There was this nice young man talking very nicely ,forever smiling at his friends even when they disagreed or made fun. Bus conductor was a lady, I have never been on any bus where bus-conductor was a woman.

I had lemonade on shores of Bhimtal and then just went on a walk around this vast Lake. Later I also went to Naukuchiatal ,another vast Lake . We saw a up-turned vehicle on the side also he took a detour and I got to see Para-gliding site. My co-passenger was a local woman unable to walk and her husband picked her up when they reached their village.

Naukuchiatal was very windy. And I travelled for the first time to the far end of the Lake. Its difficult to find a maxi-cab back to Bhimtal. As I waited for one of these to appear I conversed with a local guy, also had a cool Maaza .

After a long wait a maxi-cab came, its driver was a nice young man who was nervous because he had seen the upturned vehicle en-route and knew its driver personally. He kept saying his steering wheel was not moving effortlessly as it should and wanted a mechanic to look at it. Its a wonderful journey between these two lakes, rustic landscapes and para-gliding folks.

Later from Bhimtal some how got a cab to Bhowali. Its driver was a middle-aged person with a commanding attitude. Even this way is filled with nature's beauty. From Bhowali easily got a bus back to Nainital.

Next day I decided to spend my time in the city. I had never strolled the whole "Thandi Sadak " route. So I just strolled from one side of the Lake to the other. As you walk from the Bus Stand along thandi sadak to Naina Devi Temple you get a breath-taking view of the city.  Wild flowers abound and numerous monkeys inhabit the surrounding trees. Steps too lead down and you can just sit there and relax or even fall into a slumber. Its peaceful and cool , very few people come down this route mostly locals.

I stayed at Payal Hotel, Hotel guy was really nice called Harish. He also was generous and lowered the room charges.

Purohit Restaurant is as good as ever. Shiva Restaurant is just ok . Chandni Chowk too is still as good.

I bought a new bag and a belt from Kohinoor Garments which is in the market behind bus-stand. Nainital had pleasant days and cold and windy nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment