Total Pageviews

Thursday 20 August 2015

Jaipur Visit - 04/04/2015

Jaipur Express from Lucknow arrived at 2:30 a.m. .I decided not to venture out at night in this strange city. So first I went to and fro across the platform, looking at things having tea and just observing people. Later at around 3:00 went outside and sat on pavement with other waiting passengers, looking at the moon on this pleasant night. Then bought a newspaper and just looked around at Jaipur Railway Station taking a few snaps. After 4:00 I decided to go out on the street where road side stalls were selling Tea and snacks,had Poha and Tea.

In a car parked in front of an adjoining Restaurant were 5 young boys,probably hostelers for they were freely swearing at each other.It was strange to see educated looking rich blokes shouting choicest curse words at two of their friends who refused to come out of the car to go inside the Restaurant and have dinner.They had already ordered food for five and were simply feeling exasperated.Guy with the beard said he has nausea and vomiting feelings and can't eat anything.Other guy finally come out.They went inside while the bearded young guy rested.

Later on I boarded a Bus for Sindhi Camp Bus Station, that Bus took 45 min to fill which was good for me as I wanted to go into the city in the morning at dawn not when it is dark.

I had a wonderful day in Jaipur today. Rawat Kachori is really doing great, huge crowds at all times.
And so many unknown varieties of sweets most I have never seen or heard of before. In Rama Hotel cook is a really nice man and he makes very nice Tea.

I went to Jaipur Zoo today which is two parts one Ram Niwas Bagh, other Jaipur Chidiyaghar (Bird-House) literally exclusively housing wide variety of beautiful birds. Between the two Zoos is centrally located Jaipur Museum.The white Tiger in Zoo is in open space and I think easily jump the fence.There is a Museum of Animals of Rajasthan which has among other things decaying hides of Tigers on display.Rs 30 - Ticket & Rs 100 - For camera.Single ticket for both Zoos.


As I walked outside the Zoo back to the main thoroughfare saw two europeans freely roaming around  taking picture of a statue on a square.Another foreigner with a big school bag on back and a small bag in front.

Thali House near Sindhi Camp Bus Station is nice budget restaurant, had Alloo Paratha,Kachori,Curd and two cups of Tea there.

It was my third visit to this city and finally I had the time to see Hawa Mahal from inside.Really beautiful and great vistas to view from the top.I thought asking somebody to take my snap but didn't.Many Nationalities at Hawa Mahal. Ticket price - 10 Rs.



Took a Bus back from square near Hawa Mahal to Sindhi camp,Bus driver really young and attractive.

I had Badam Milk and Makhaniya Lassi at Rawat Kachori,brought back a single Pyaz-Kachori and a bottle of Sprite,ate it later in my hotel room.

A guy like my pahari friend Mr Karki,hotel worker type said something which I didn't understood.I slept a little.Bought Bananas,which were 30 Rs Kg.

Younger bro called asking for whereabouts of our hammer.

No comments:

Post a Comment