Total Pageviews

Tuesday 25 August 2015

Indore visit - 13/04/2015

Indore was so nice , its people so understanding, I forgot my travel fatigue. Boys are so sport-loving, so many of them playing all kinds of games at Lalbagh Palace grounds. A nice Auto guy showed me a comfortable clean Rachna Hotel. Staff was nice house-keeping was good and eye-catching art on its corridor wall.

It was a wet morning when I visited Temple in Rajwada Palace. It had many informative pictures on Devi Ahilyabai and her numerous works for upliftment of down-trodden or renovation of Temples and ghats. Very old idols of Gods and metal statues too. Indore is also a very religious place, a Temple near the Palace was having morning Aarti.


Had Tea and Poha at a joint near the Palace. Then went to see the Chhatris near by, they are marvellous in design and a Temple is adjacent to it.

Lalbagh Palace was my next stop. Taking pictures is prohibited. Its a simple but beautiful Palace and European touch is unmistaken. Roads leading to Lalbagh Palace are red.


I rested a while on return then just went our to see the Bus-station and the city in general. I bought a travel Bag from the market near Bus station. Guru Kripa Restaurant is a popular eating joint near the Bus-station.

And as I left Indore at 3:00, it was raining. My heart felt sad I don't know why as I stood on Platform waiting for the train, it was like as if I was leaving a dear friend behind. Soon it had started to rain. And my co-passenger got a call later on that they had heavy rain-fall in the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment