Total Pageviews

Sunday 23 August 2015

Visit to Bhuj - 9 April 2015

I found Bhuj very much like Lucknow as if Charbagh was merged in with Hazratganj. Gujrati people I met were really nice. Boys could speak Hindi and it sounded pleasant in their accent.

Had a big Gujrati Thali at Green Rock Restaurant as recommended in Wikipedia.

Above it is VRP Guest house where I stayed, its a clean pleasant place.

I met a harmless old Auto guy who promised me to show the city. In Bhuj Temples and Palaces are closed mid-day as its so hot. So I was disappointed and told the old man, shouldn't you know timings of places if you act as tour-guide. Before that I had visited the two Gardens that were open and seen the Lake. Then the old fool took me to Bhujiya Fort which was destroyed in the earthquake. There is nothing to see there but just a Temple, Many walls are still standing and its sheer reckless adventure to go up on them. Another part is closed as they promise to renovate. It was with Army before. Today its so desolate, just a guard at its gates and a Priest in the temple. I had to scold the miserable fellow to at least show me Prague Mahal when we returned from these ruins.


Prague Mahal visit made me forget all my troubles. In its halls was shot a beautiful song from 'Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam'  "Aankhon ki Gustakhiyan" .A young boy there was helpful and nice.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment