Total Pageviews

Saturday 22 August 2015

Visit to Patan,Gujarat - Rani-ki-vav (UNESCO World Heritage) - 05/05/2015

Patan is a bustling town near Ahmedabad, with a small Railway Station at one end and a big Bus Station nearby. Kohinoor Cinema Hall was showing Fast & Furious 7. A multiplex too few Km away. Papada, sweet big laddoos and different cuisine and other unique sweet-meats. Language difference paved no difficulty in my travels as Sujit my colleague has said, most people know a little Hindi & English, others you can make understand by gestures.

Went to Rani-ki-vav step-well after having a proper meal after two days. Its an eye-soothing place because of its well kept lush green lawns maintained so well by A.S.I. .These beautiful gardens surround most sumptuous step-well which is now a  world-heritage. I requested a Gujrati young boy bespectacled and looking like Kamal Hassan to take my picture. He said my friend is from U.P. too.Later in Patan ate a Laddoo at my Bhabhi's namesake sweet-shop.



Next morning I took a long walk across streets of Patan. Here Cows have really sturdy well-shaped horns. I saw a Darwaza and a clock-tower cum darwaza,and many Temples and a mosque and a strange English Bungalow. Earlier woke up early in the morning, had a bath. Hotel staff were all sleeping, woke-up one of them informing him I was going out for a walk.



Muslims here seem carefree bicycling around merrily. Bicycles seem different here. I bought nice Oranges at 60 Rs . Bought stale jalebi because of  language difference,tasted it found it drab gave it to a stray dog who refused to even touch it. Bought chilly and potato pakodis packed with salty chillies. Few exotic sweets too. Pakodis were really tasty, had them with a cold-drink. Before that I was tired after the morning stroll so took a shared auto back to the square near the Bus-station where my Hotel was. Shared-auto took just 10 Rs. Bought Coconut oil from shop down-stairs. Had Tea too nice Ginger Tea.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment